October 26, 2011

A Day Like Today

I'm not quite sure what it is
About a day like today
That speaks to me differently
Than any other day

...Maybe it's the morning sky
that calls to me
...almost begging me to jump in and seize the day.



...Maybe it's the ability to see the path that is before me.



...or the world of possibilities in the distance



...Or the beauty of what is right before my eyes.


 Or maybe...
Just maybe it is a moment of awakening
When I see how His Light peaks through
In the most unexpected places.



Today I Pray...

With gratitude
for this day of awakening
And for the reminder of all that is possible
through You

Keep me focused 
so that I might not become
lazy or complacent

Guide so that I don't lose my way

Help me, always,
to hear that rooster crowing
in the distance
To awaken my spirit

Today I Pray...
for more days like today.



No comments:

Search This Blog