August 19, 2010

Seasons Change

Early this morning
As the sun was just beginning
to peek through a pale gray sky
I stood at my window
And welcomed the new day

There on the patio table
I saw it --
cool, glistening, dew...

something I hadn't seen
throughout the scorching days of summer

And across the lawn
a blurry half circle
of yellow fallen leaves
against the burnt green late-summer grass

Just like that
I realized that Summer and Autumn
have started their graceful dance

Seasons are changing

photo from Google image
Today I Pray...

for Your help, Lord

that I might accept and embrace
the inevitable changes

that are quickly coming to pass,
with a grace that only comes
from knowing and trusting
in You

2 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I was thrilled to see that you posted again, and to read your heartfelt prayer. The last two lines are the key to peace in my life. Accepting with grace...so beautiful and comforting. So good to hear from you again.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Good morning! Just wanted you to know that I miss you and your gift of writing. Hope you are doing well.

Search This Blog