The directions for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave it to you [thank you again Kristen!]
- Copy the logo & place on your blog
- Link the person who nominated you [which I hope would be done in thanking :)]
- Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know
- Nominate 7 kreativ bloggers [clearly the hardest part because there are so many wonderful bloggers out there!!]
- Post their links
- Tell them!
- I love organizing things.
- Despite this, I can be pretty disorganized at times.
- At Christmas time I bake about twelve different kinds of cookies (and they are delicious, if I do say so myself!).
- I love to knit (but can only make one thing well...a Prayer Shawl...go figure :-)
- Susan Branch is my creative inspiration -- she is living my dream.
- When I was little I had a cat named Leo (the Lion). The dogs in the neighborhood were afraid of him -- seriously.
- My dream home is little more than an old farmhouse with a huge kitchen, and a big wraparound porch overlooking a lake.
- Sema @ http://affirmart.blogspot.com/ -- she's so talented
- Superjaxter @ http://bloggingjax.blogspot.com/ (her kitty Oscar looks just like my Leo...but not nearly as ferocious!!)
- Judy @ http://justalittlesomethingforyou.blogspot.com/ (I wish she was my neighbor)
- Jill @ http://jmsmusings.blogspot.com/ (make sure you read her post called 100 Things About Me -- you'll see why she's so fun)
- Laura @ http://decortoadore.blogspot.com/ (just look, you'll see)
- Lorie @ http://encouragementfrommyheart.blogspot.com/ (you'll understand immediately why I like Lori's blog).
- Joye @ http://thejoyefuljourney.blogspot.com/ (-:
Kristen, thank you again for giving me this award. It means so much to me. I loved being able to share a little about me -- and I especially loved sharing the love!!
Now it's confession time. I actually received another award quite awhile ago, but I never did anything about it -- and for that I'm really very embarrassed. You see, at the time, I didn't think I could accept it. I was trying so hard to keep this blog in just the format that I had started, that I thought it didn't "fit."
When I received the award from Kristen this morning, all of the same thoughts went through my head -- but then something dawned on me...a thought really smacked me right over the head. This blog isn't about me controlling things -- it's about opening up my heart and trusting God's bigger plan. In this case, I needed to accept and receive the gift that was being given -- so that I could give something back in return.
Not that hard a concept -- but an ah ha moment that I felt I needed to share. Once again...mysterious ways.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Thanks so much for being here.
"They will greet you and give you two wave offerings of bread, which you will take from them." 1 Samuel 10:4