September 5, 2009

She Is

She is the one
who cheers for you
when you succeed

And the one
who holds your hand
when you are scared

She is the one you lean on

She is strong
She is the rock
She is the voice of reason
...and encouragement

She is also the one...

who bites her lip
so that you won't see it quiver

and swallows hard
past the lump in her throat

The one who turns away
so that you won't see
the tears that have welled up in her eyes

the one who worries
long after you've fallen asleep

She is...
Your mother
Your sister
Your daughter
Your wife
Your aunt
Your cousin
Your teacher
Your partner
....Your friend

She is a good soul in your life
...and she is human.

So be gentle...and handle with care.


image from Google images

Today I Pray...

with a joy-filled and gracious heart

...for the amazing women in my life

Thank you for your showing me...
...generosity of spirit
...hope and faith
...kindness
...trust
...sisterhood
...loyalty
...friendship
...strength
...and unconditional love

"Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee." Genesis 12:13


4 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

My friend, thank you for showing all of these to me too! I appreciate you! I appreciate your words and your heart.

Anonymous said...

I loved this (:
I think of a few ladies who uplift me and you are definitely one of them.

Videhi said...

oh such a touching poem..i cud related a lady for every paragraph...hats-off to your wording..

Anonymous said...

beautiful :)

Search This Blog