March 20, 2013

Daybreak Speaks

I don't know what it is about sunrises,
but one look through my photos
and you can see how amazed I am by them. 

Maybe it's the fact
that like snowflakes
...each one is different. 

Perhaps it's the representation
of a brand new day
...a new beginning.

Or the amazing transformation in the sky
to which we all can bear witness.

Whatever it is...
...sunrise speaks to me.

During my walk today
the sky lightened without any great incident
It seemed another day was beginning
without great fanfare.

But then as I stood at the kitchen window
I saw what appeared to be
The quintessential sunrise

An orange ball slowly rising over the treetops

Imagine my surprise when I saw
what my camera captured.







Once again, I am amazed.
My God is an awesome God.

"To give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins,
Because of the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Sunrise from on high will visit us,
To shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, 
To guide our feet into the way of peace."  Luke 1:77-79









1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I think your sunrise pictures are breathtaking! You are so right! We do serve an awesome God! I am always so happy to see that you post, and leave here inspired by your writing skills.

Search This Blog