March 25, 2013

A Zip-A-Dee Doo Dah Day!

Setting out this morning
The air was brisk
And the grey sky bulging with the snow
Its been waiting to drop on us

Though the sky is lightening
In the early morning hour
There is no hope of a sunrise
To start the week

The coldness reminds me
Of the somber week ahead
Recounting the suffering
our Savior endured

My reaction is to walk
With my head down

But lo and behold
I'm reminded otherwise
As a dainty blue bird
Fluttered across the path
And perched in the tree

As I walked the path
He swooped along with me
Moving gracefully
From branch to branch

His beautiful blue wings
And salmon underbelly
Vibrant against the grey sky

Beautiful, delicate, hope.

I walked the rest of the path
With the Song of the South
playing over and over in my mind

"Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder...
It's the truth, it's actual...
...wonderful feeling, wonderful day!"

I couldn't help but smile
Filled with hope for what this week brings

As I crossed the street back to my house
My bluebird friend followed me
And swooped into a nest
In a shrub in front of my garage

"My oh my, what a wonderful day!"

 

Today I Pray
....with gratitude for the many ways
you reveal yourself to me.






1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Lauren, I can't tell you how your words and pictures add joy and inspiration to my
day with every visit here. What a writer you are!

Search This Blog