May 13, 2009

A Moment

Today I Pray...
...that I never the forget the impact of a moment.

In a single moment...

You can you frown,
or smile and make some one's day a little brighter.

You can look down at the ground,
or raise your head and take in the beauty that surrounds you.

You can raise your hand in anger,
or reach out and give someone a hug.

You can break some one's spirit by putting them down,
or encourage them to move in the direction of their dreams.

You can thank God for your blessings,
or you can say nothing at all.

Today I Pray...
...that I never the forget the impact of a single moment.

1 comment:

aquamaureen said...

your post reminds me of what I've seen in my life the past year or so, as I've had sort of a "smile at everyone" campaign. I give heartfelt smiles to everyone I can, and the response is wonderful. Many times I am in my car, so cannot talk to the person, but the way their face lights up is truly wonderful.

You are so right--we must never underestimate the power of a single moment. And if we slip and do something hurtful, we can choose to do whatever it takes to wipe away that hurt.

Thank you so much for making me think more about this.

Search This Blog