May 18, 2009

Quiet Inspiration

Today I find myself...surrounded by silence.

All I can hear is the gentle purr of the computer

Yet outside my window...
...there must be a symphony playing.
...the birds are dancing
...the trees are swaying to the beat
...even the grass is keeping rhythm.

I often pray that I will hear Your message to me...
...and know the path that you want me to take.

Yet this morning I am reminded that
even when we can't hear...
...there is still a symphony playing
...and we must join in the dance.

"But I believe I shall enjoy the Lord's goodness
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord, take courage;
be stouthearted, wait for the Lord!"
Psalms 27:13-14

6 comments:

April said...

Such a beautiful and refreshing post...great way to start the day! I'm popping over from SITS...nice to "meet" you!

Anonymous said...

So very uplifting and inspiring this morning!

~Sandy said...

Great post!!! God is so good!!!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Good morning! I'm so pleased to help spread the word about your immensely inspiring blog.

This post is no exception--an excellent reminder that sometimes when we're not hearing any response from God...it's because we're not really listening. :) "..the trees are swaying to the beat...even the grass is keeping rhythm"--beautiful.

aquamaureen said...

What a lovely post. The peace of it is washing over me even now, as I type.

Lauren, my family structure has changed dramatically in the past couple of years. Children left home, as they are meant to. But husband also left. God has promised that He sets the solitary in families. And I have been in awe of HOW He does that. I count my daughter's introducing me to you as one of the ways God is showing me a new sense of family.

Thank you so much for your dear uplifting messages.

Lauren said...

I find myself at a complete loss for words. I am so incredibly humbled by your kindness. Thank you again for coming by.

Search This Blog