July 10, 2009

Sweet Tiny Rose

Tiny rose
So beautiful
So bright

Dainty flowers
Miniature leaves
A brilliant burst of
colorful blooms
Such a sight to behold


Photo credit: borrowed from mooseyscountrygarden.com

Days pass and I watch
as her leaves
turn brown
and her blooms fade

Before my eyes
sweet, tiny rose
gives way

Don't give up
I whisper
As I pull away
the dried leaves

And nip away
the faded blooms

Leaving nothing
but barren stalks
in a pot of rich soil

Don't give up
I whisper each morning
When I give tiny rose
A drink of water

Sweet tiny rose sat
Still and lifeless

Don't give up
I whisper
You can do it

And she did

Tiny rose dressed herself
in a new cloak
of brilliant green leaves

Now she's stretching
towards the sun
and getting ready
to bloom again

Oh sweet tiny rose
...Don't give up


Not the most beautiful picture...but this is tiny rose coming back to life.
If you look closely you can see the remnants of the dried up leaves.


Today I Pray...

...a special prayer for the many people
I know who are fighting a health battle

...and with gratitude for the blessings
of good health for myself and my family

...whatever your circumstances
remember tiny rose

Take time to nurture
yourself and others
who need a hand

Give yourself
a chance to rest

Stretch and reach
towards the sun

quench your thirst

and most importantly

...feel the strength of prayers
...hear His whisper
...and don't give up

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very beautiful and heartfelt. You are so gifted with words. It's very moving. :)

aquamaureen said...

I looooooove Tiny Rose!!!! What a beautiful way she has of reminding us never to give up. Amanda/Persistent Green just posted a wonderful entry yesterday, I think, about One More Step . .. realizing we may be just one step away from discovering something, or having something work out . . .and we need to keep on keeping on, just like Tiny Rose.]


Thanks, Lauren, for this beautiful post.

Crystal said...

Thank you for this. :)

Search This Blog