October 6, 2009

October Blooms

Inspired by Judy
And photos of her October roses
I set out for a walk in the garden
To catch a glimpse
Of the last blooms of the year

The grass was long and in need of cutting
And for the most part
The the flowers looked tired
and dried after a long summer
Of colorful splendor

But as I rounded the corner
To my delight
There,
Among the aged leaves
A burst of color

Autumns blooms
Of lavender
Red, yellow, pink and orange

The leaves weren't pretty
They've been nipped by early frost
But the flowers were jubilant
Summers last hurrah



Today I Pray...

...that like these late summer flowers
I don't surrender
to the chilly moments of life
And instead keep striving
To bloom

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

1 comment:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your recent visit to my blog and your beautiful comment about Judy. She's special to me as I'm sure she is to you.

Love the beautiful post you've written inspired by Judy :)

Your blog is very peaceful and enjoyable. I'm glad I was able to visit. I look forward to returning.

Blessings and love.
Lisa

Search This Blog