October 8, 2009

No One Heard

She cried out in the night
And no one heard

Helpless
Hopeless
Alone

Ashamed
She hid the bruises
So no one would see

And though his words
Cut through her
like a knife
She shielded her bleeding heart

She cried out in the night
And no one heard

Helpless
Hopeless
Alone


Image from gunfightersview.blogspot.com

Today I Pray...

...with a grateful heart
for the loving relationships
that have always been a part of my life

I am a lucky one...
...others can't say the same

I pray for help and healing
for the wounded souls
who are impacted by domestic violence

May the abused
find comfort, peace and love

May the abusers
seek help and self-healing

May the rest of us
find a way to make a difference


I first started to learn the staggering facts about domestic violence through my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega. Over the years, Alpha Chi has adopted several national causes. Currently, almost all of our chapters, both collegiate and alumnae, work to end domestic violence. Although I am not associated with an alumnae chapter, I want to do my part to help end the horror of domestic violence.

I offer my
post today in support of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. I would like to ask you to help me make a difference for the estimated 1.3 million women who are victims of domestic violence each year.

Here are just a few ways you can help.

  • First of all -- PRAY -- it matters.
  • Share this post with your network of friends.
  • Email it.
  • Tweet about it.
  • Blog about it.
  • Spread the word however you see fit.
In addition, as an independent representative of Wildtree (all-natural foods products), I will be donating 20% of all sales made this month to Silent Witness National Initiative. Please consider shopping with me as a way to eat healthy and help stop domestic violence.

Note: This is my own commitment made independently of Wildtree, only sales made through
my website will qualify.

Please do what you can to help make a difference.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For 12 years my sister suffered very brutal abuse. Today she is free from her tormentor, but it has left MANY health issues behind.

I applaud U sweet soul.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I keep trying to leave messages on this blog and it does not allow me to do it. But, I am determined so I will try again. Thank you for giving a voice to so many hurting women today. My heart aches whenever I learn of a situation of abuse, whether emotional, physical or any other way. It is good to be reminded of this great injustice.

Hope you are having a good day!

Search This Blog